Out with the old and in with the new. It’s mind- boggling how quick a year can go by, but even more unbelievable how much can occur over the span of 12 months.
I am not one to make new years resolutions, instead I create new goals. I create a list of goals on my birthday and another list for the new year. My secret: I no longer share them with ANYONE (learned from experience) until they have been accomplished. Also, I watched this TED Talk by Derek Sivers which speaks a little more on this. This week I cracked open my brand new planner by Myleik Teele and wrote down all of my highlights and accomplishments for 2015. Follow this I made a list of goals for 2016 then an action plan for each. While I won’t be telling you my goals for 2016, I will tell you some of the goals I accomplished in 2015.
Some of the goals I accomplished in 2015:
- Traveled to a new country: Jamaica
- Experienced my first ever wine tasting, which ended up happening twice! 😉
- New friendships
- Completed more books
- Enrolled in spin classes
- Reached VIB status at Sephora (ok this wasn’t a goal but more like a highlight!)
- Participating in a subject that I love with a site I love (another highlight!)
- The Spontaneous Fulfillment of Desire by Deepak Chopra- major confidence boost
- Mistakes I Made at Work by Jessica Bacal – because no one is perfect, not even your Boss.
- Myleik Teele’s Podcasts, Snapchat (@myleik), Instagram, and Twitter feeds (if this woman doesn’t move you to do more, I’m convinced you want to stay where you are in life)
- Skin Cleanse by Adina Grigore- which taught me how to read my product labels
- Joyce Meyer Podcasts– morning devotion and motivation